Warm, understanding and knowledgeable personnel assist patients and their families with psychosocial needs.
- Assistance in discharge planning
- Assistance with advance directives
- Explanation of Medicare/Medicaid information and Medicaid applications, veterans benefits and Social Security
- Residents rights advocates
- Provide emotional support to residents and family
- Family member support groups
- Referral to psychiatric/psychological services
- Behavior management programs
- Care planning for emotional and cognitive issues
- review resident status
- Ethics Committee, available to all residents, families, and community members who need assistance with difficult health care decisions
- Resource information for families: community resources, in-home social services, mental health, housing, psychotropic medication, etc.
Care conferences are held for every resident admitted to our facility. They are designed to review the resident’s plan of care and to keep assessments up to date. At each conference, care team members will present their assessments, which will result in letting you know:
- What are the resident’s needs?
- What are the team’s goals for meeting these needs?
- What are the planned steps to meet the team’s goals?
This is an opportune time to receive valuable information from our team of professionals, to add personal insight from your perspective, and to get answers to questions you may have.
For more information, contact your Social Services Staff – 213-484-0510.